Fundraisers are a great way to support the SPCA!
Thank you for your interest in raising money for the animals of the SPCA of Tompkins County! Whether you plan to hold a bake sale, school event, auction, or any type of fundraising event for us, know that we appreciate your support. We couldn’t continue our work without people like you!
In order to make your event as successful as possible, we would like to clarify our guidelines and expectations. Listed below are some general guidelines that will be helpful when planning an event.
Your tax deductible donation will help provide the medical and daily care needed for our shelter animals. Your support will also help us provide programs to educate the public on the importance of spaying/neutering and proper animal care.
What the SPCA can do:
- Provide you with information about our mission, our shelter, and our animals.
- Help promote the event on our Website, Newsletter (Tailbearer), Social Media such as our Facebook page, and by promoting it to our volunteers and staff.
- Provide you with our logo for you to use for advertising.
- Suggest ways to help you market your event.
- Provide a donation form you can give donors and supporters (including a link for online donations) that we can customize and use for seeking contributions by mail or e-mail.
- Send acknowledgment letters, tax receipts, and thank you’s to donors and supporters of the event (provided you give us with their contact information).
- If scheduling permits, provide a representative at the event to talk about our organization, accept a donation, answer questions, etc
- Follow up after your event to thank you for it’s success through our social media, newsletter, or a press release.
What the SPCA cannot do:
- Invest money or financially contribute in any way.
- Provide staff to organize or implement your event.
- Market the event beyond what is specified above.
- Endorse any products or services.
- An agreement to these conditions is encouraged before you can advertise the event as a fundraiser for the SPCA of Tompkins County or use our logo.
- If you’re a business donating “proceeds of sales” to the SPCA, you must specify the dates (e.g., “all sales during October of 2017”), and the amount of the donation (e.g., “5% of all purchases”). We are required to report this information to the State of New York.
- The donation should be given to the SPCA within 30 days of the event. Please deduct any costs incurred prior to delivering the proceeds to us.
How to get started!
If you are interested in helping to raise money for the animals of the SPCA of Tompkins County, please contact our office at 257-1822 x232 or email email@example.com for more information.