Our adoptable pets need your help!
With lots of pets needing care, there are many ways you can help us. Everyday items, such as the ones listed below, can help us save THOUSANDS of dollars annually.
Almost everything can be found locally and dropped off at our Pet Adoption Center on Hanshaw Rd or our SPCA Annex at the Shoppes at Ithaca Mall. Items on our Amazon Smile Wish List can be shipped directly to the shelter and have the added benefit of a portion of your purchase being donated to the shelter from Amazon! Donations of these items helps us keep costs down and most are a direct benefit to the animals in our care.
Unless otherwise indicated, feel free to pick any brand of the item - not necessarily just the brand listed. Also feel free to shop around. These were the least expensive prices we could find when the wish list was created, but that may not be the case anymore.
Some of the items we need and use everyday are:
- Scoopable/Clumping Cat Litter
- New litter boxes (all sizes)
- Cat Wand Toys
- Cage mounted cat scratchers
- Kitten Nursing Bottles
- Kitten Milk Replacement (KMR)
- Meat Flavored Baby Food (no onion or garlic)
- Canned Dog Food
- Dog Toys (no tennis balls please)
- Squeeze or Spray Cheese
- Lowfat Mozzarella Cheese Sticks
- Leashes and Harnesses
- Gallon and Sandwich size Ziploc Bags
- 13 Gallon Trash Bags
- Small paper plates
- Liquid Laundry Soap!
- Dish Soap
- Paper Towels
- Preformed Coin Wrappers
- Forever Stamps
- Copy Paper
- $5 and $10 gift cards (Target, Walmart, PetSmart, Lowe's, Staples, Ithaca Agway, Ithaca Grain & Pet Supply, Amazon) Because, hey. You never know what we may need...
Please know that typically we do NOT need dry dog or cat food. Our dry food is generously donated through Hills Science Diet Pet Nutrition. For more information on how you can help our animals through the donation of goods please email email@example.com.